Tuesday, November 11, 2008

1 Class down!!

I just finished my first course on my path to my associates degree in business. This was a business and society class which I thought I would ace no problem.... imagine my surprise when the first assignment I did came back with a C! I later found out that this was because although my assignment was perfect, I used knowledge from my brain and didn't cite any references. I learned that lesson quickly! I got all A's and B's from there on and finished the class with a B+ Not bad considering I have been out of school for 13 years, and I did the class in 5 weeks, but I am determined to improve. I would love to get out of this with mostly A's. I feel so proud of myself, I am doing something for ME, I am not depending on anyone to help me through this. I feel very independent in this portion of my life right now, and it feels pretty darn good! I even resisted the urge to ask my husband to proofread my papers because he is a much better writer, and he is much smarter than me. I did this 100% myself! Now on to my next class...... please don't let it be algebra, that is the only thing I am really scared of!

2 comments:

Lyns said...

Good JOB!!!!!! I know you can do it!!!!
Lyndsay

Anonymous said...

Jenn, when you take algebra sign up for a class with a free lab. If you are doing this online, lots of luck.