Friday, November 21, 2008

When did this become okay?

I am so appalled by the way women in general treat their husbands. When did bitchy become cool? I watch shows such as John & Kate +8, Everybody loves Raymond, King of Queens...... I love these shows, but the wives are horrible to the men. They are so condescending, mean, they use sex as a weapon, which is never okay. I see it in real life as well, I have friends who I love, but I see them treat their husbands like nothing but a paycheck. I have 1 friend who insists that since she stays at home with the kids and that is her "job" she needs to be paid for it by her husband..... WOW! I would give a lot to be able to stay home with my kids, but I have to work. There are bills to be paid, and a woman's job is to not only take care of the children but to take care of her husband as well, and that means doing what we can to alleviate stress, even if that means getting a job. We sit around and wonder why the divorce rate is so high..... well if we say 2 bitchy or condescending things to our husband every day for a week, and he just takes it, then when we do make a mistake they are way more likely to blow and a small thing can turn into a huge fight because the poor husband has been feeling picked on for a week, and now gets to let it out.
Lets end this now.... make it a goal to just be nice. Be nice to your husband, even if that means not saying something mean every time you want to, I bet in the end it will pay off big time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It isn't okay to be bitchy to anyone. It is especially NOT okay to treat the person you claim to love like crap. Love is not a word. It is an action. I treat the people I love as though they are precious to me because they are.