Saturday, March 28, 2009

This weekend started off pretty rough :(

We were all geared up for a great weekend around here. Yesterday I had to go into town (about 45 min. drive to get the results from the abdominal CT scan the week before. Since we were driving all that way we decided to have some fun and take the boys to see a movie and eat. We got to the theatre and decided on "Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D" which the boys were mucho excited about. The movie was OK, not great for the adults, but not bad as far as kids movies go. The kids LOVED it! Zander didn't make a noise other than once to get up to use the bathroom. He sat in his seat quietly the entire movie, and was perfect the entire time. That alone is worth 6 bucks to me!

After the movie we ran by the imaging office to pick up the CD and reports of my tests so that I can take them to my new Dr. on Monday. I know these reports are for Dr's and the patient really shouldn't even read them, and I was being a good girl because all those reports ever do is freak you out! (Yes they do!) Of course my husband is the curious kind, and he opened the envelope and read the report. It turns out that I have a lesion on my liver, my spleen is enlarged, I have a large cyst on my ovary... there were a few other things that meant nothing to mean... just medical nonsense. I also still have Chrones disease which is acting up. This test showed that I do NOT have any lesions or perforations of my intestines and that is very good news. The other stuff I don't have a clue how bad those things are, but I am scared..... really scared. I have had chrones for a long time but this in the first time in my adult life, and since I had children, that I have felt there may be something serious wrong in my body. The word malignant came up somewhere around my liver in the report. Nothing for sure, just for my Dr. to check into it further. That terrifies me. The thought of even a minor surgery terrifies me now that I have children to take care of. I don't want to go under anesthesia and take on those risks when I have children that I need to be around for. I have a husband, who is my absolute best friend, that I want and DESERVE to spend many many more years with. My husband doesn't deserve to loose the happiness we have or to be left to raise our children on his own. I know I am going way over what will logically happen here, but as I said before, I am scared.

Saturday was going to be a great day..... we had some extended family coming over for a birthday. I will get into more detail on this in another post.... don't want to let any cats out of the bag at this point :)

1 comment:

Heather T said...

Oh wow, Jen, what a report. I think it's always good to look at your medical charts and reports so that you know what to ask the doctor about. Even if it's information that means something is wrong, at least you can ask about it in order to understand what it all means practically for you.

I'll be thinking of you! Hang in there, and lean on your husband -- that's what he's there for!