Monday, October 26, 2009

Downtown fun for the Staley's


On Saturday we took the nice weather and headed out on our bikes for a tour of Downtown Phoenix. I love experiencing things on a bike... we can get there faster, there are no kids whining to be held... Adam is fantastic at riding his bike with Zander being pulled in the baby trailer... we sure love having that thing! First we stopped and played in and on a fountain that was not in use... the boys did anyway... see the discussing who could jump farther? Gotta love those boys!


















We rode to the Chase field, where the Diamondbacks play and to the US Airways Stadium where the Phoenix Suns play. It seemed that there was a suns game getting ready to start, there were tons of people lining up in Suns jersey's and paraphernalia. I love, love, love the excitement of a basketball game.


This deep love I have for the Phoenix Suns comes from my old boss and good friend Doyle and Cher Hancock. As a teenager they would also give us their season tickets, usually me and my best friend Shawna, and we would hit the town, having the time of our lives at the basketball games! So many of my good memories come from those games. I feel a deep need to take my kids to see a suns game, finances are not working out at the moment, but I have a feeling that something will come along and we can go this year!





















We took a leisurely bike ride, stopping at some pretty spots, like this fountain that they played in and on for quite a while. We all posed on the concrete baseballs at the Chase field, enjoyed each others company... just had fun!

After that we spend Sunday with a trip to the pool, then worked on some puzzles and snuggeling. In school news Aidan is doing great as always, Adam did fantastic on his mid-terms and is very happy about that... and Zander... Zander has decided that daycare is OK after all and has been excelling for most of last week and again this week! I am so proud of my 3 boys!
















I am still working, just hoping to make it through the 90 day period where The University decides with temps they will keep on... Fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy life is coming together for you!

Leah said...

Heya! My internet is finally back up and running. It was nice to see what you guys are up to.