Thursday, April 22, 2010

Busy but happy:)

I just wanted to throw in a quick post to let everyone know that we are still here, it may seem like I have dropped of the face of the earth (or at least the Internet) but I have just been busy.

The boys are doing fantastic. Adam is almost done with his 2nd semester of law school, and is doing amazingly well. In true Adam style, he has decided to take courses all summer, and on all his breaks which should have him graduate a whole 6 months sooner than he was planning. He is a brave and strong man, and I know he can do it, but he will be working VERY hard until he graduates!

Aidan is almost finished with 4th grade.... wow how did that happen? He made the honor roll again and has continue his run of straight A's. The adjustment to a big city has been a bit tough on him, kids grow up so much faster down here it seems, but he is enjoying all the extra activities available to him through a bigger school. This year he has been in the zoo-ology club, orchestra, soccer, and now basketball. He will be starting cub scouts again in the next few weeks.... he is a busy little boy!

Zander is great, he is such a love. Daycare has turned into an enjoyable experience and he loves church. He gets called in primary just about every week to go up and help with a story or song. He walks around singing primary songs all the time now, "Follow the profit" is his current favorite. I may not be 100% a loyal church-goer, but I think it does amazing things for my kids and that alone motivates me to be better.

I am still working for the census, It is a very cool feeling to be a part of such a big and important task, and it is amazing to see just how many people are living in our country... numbers bigger than I can even fathom. I know that we will be finished with the job in the next 2-3 months, so I need to start looking for something more permanent but I am enjoying what I do so much that I don't want it to end! I think I have made a few lifelong friends through this job, people who were put into my life just when I needed people like them. I am very thankful for the blessings that this job has brought!

We are all enjoying the spring weather and spending quite a bit of time at the swimming pool. I am looking forward to a great summer! Love you all!

No comments: