Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Surprised!

My birthday was a week and a half ago, I am 36 this year and thought I could slip under the radar of everyone I know.  In our family we don't normally do much for adults birthdays, which is just fine with me, my kids are kind of oblivious unless someone tells them and then reminds them at least a few times, so I didn't think they would notice, and I am the one in the office who passes around the birthday cards for everyone to sign so I thought if I just didn't pass one around for my birthday no one would even know I was having one... Wrong, I didn't factor my friend Trisha into this occasion, apparently Trisha is quite opposed to letting a birthday go by unannounced, so she not only told everyone in my office that I was having a birthday, she insisted that we have a mid-day pizza party, and our resident cowboy cooking expert made my a dutch oven peach cobbler and ice cream to go along with it, so we had a nice little party (against my will, I don't like to be the center of attention) right here in the office.... Adam brought the boys down for lunch and we all had fun.  My birthday was on Friday night so Adam and I had plans to go out.  When I got home from work the boys had the house all clean and Dylan said that he would feed the younger boys dinner and we should just go and have fun.  We had an awesome night of shopping and dinner on the agenda and I was excited!  After shopping for an hour and a half or so we were hungry and headed back to Pinetop, Adam had missed a call from Dylan so he called him back and told me that we needed to stop at the house real quick because Dylan had a question about a pen he was making, I must admit I was annoyed but it really was right on the way so not a huge deal.  When we pulled up the house was dark but the boys are strange like that so I didn't think much of it but when I opened the door just about everyone I know in this town was right there!  I have never had a surprise party, and to be honest I do not love being the center of attention, but it was so much fun.  Everyone brought Mexican food, Trisha made home made Pina Colada's which were amazing, and quite a few people from work had made up completely false stories about going out of town for the weekend and were there.  Our house is great for parties with plenty of room to spread out, the kids played upstairs mostly, and people played pool, there was lots of room to spread out food and just hang out.  It was really a fun night and my husband and friends made me feel so special :)  I didn't take any pictures other than Kim, the hot young girl at our office posing with the preteen boys who are looking quite pleased with themselves, but they were just blurry cell phone pics (since I wasn't prepared for a party!)

3 comments:

Diana said...

You so deserve every moment of spoiling you get! ;) What a FUN day! You know, even though you don't love being the center of attention, you are in all of our hearts anyway. It doesn't surprise me at all that so many people love you that much! Glad you had such a great day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You look much older than 36. Must be your drug use!