Wednesday, September 5, 2007

its always something!

Aidan is such a handfull lately! Last weekend he fell of some sort of strange aparatus used for football practice while at his dad's house and needed 6 stitches. We often ride our bikes to school, he loves it... zander is never happier than when he is riding in his backpack, and it is making my legs look dang good! Yesterday we rode to school and aidan was so excited to show me his "desktop garden" so I walked in with him. His teacher took me aside and said she is worried that he may have ADHD, and that we need to address the issue. Last years teacher said the same thing, and I managed to get through the year by modifying his diet... I have gotten pretty lax on the diet, as I have no willpower whatsoever. When I get up in the morining I like to have coco puffs and coke.... I am not a healthy role model here! So now I am back to the research that I only did halfway last year and the modified diet that includes no white bread, very little sugar, lots of protien... etc. I am hoping to get through this without the help of medication... we shall see.
He has also decided that he no longer wants to be aidan clark, he wants to be aidan staley. I told him that even though he is a staley, his last name is still clark, and he replied with can't dad just adopt me? I told him that was not really an option, so he decided to rebel. He is writing Aidan Staley on all of his school papers, told his soccer coach that his jersey needed to say staley instead of clark, and even told his dad he was "embarrassed" by the name clark...... wish me luck on this one!

No comments: