Monday, February 25, 2008

How do you have fun in New Mexico??

Well, if you are us, and have awesome parents and friends that will go with you it is easy! We went to Albequerque this weekend, our awesome friend Dirk who recently moved to Virginia invited us down as he had to teach a class. We haven't seen them in a while, and we missed his wife and kids, but it was great to see him. We spent a day at the aquarium and the zoo. Zander had more fun than I have ever seen him have at that aquarium, the kid is so in love with fish. Big fish, little fish, any fish you can find. I am not joking when I say we sat in front of the big shark and ray tank for over an hour with him pointing at every fish that came by and laughing his head off. We have a saltwater tank at home and his favorite thing to do is to climb up on the stool I keep there for him and just watch them. Adam's parents came with us, and Aidan got to spend the night in their room, which was the highlight for him, it was great to spend time together and just have fun. Pictures will follow soon
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have definitely agreed with your original question, but that weekend was awesome!!! I too wish Rachel & the kids could have joined us, but I think that weekend was the funnest time I have had without my family around in years.

It is hard to imagine that there is so many cool things in NM, but we found out that it is true. Thank you guys sooooo much for joining me in Albuquerque. Your boys are so much fun! I haven't seen a toddler as cute as Z in at least 4 years (since my last kid (Jake) was that age). And Aiden was a good kid, most of the time. I was impressed with how far he has come since D-Land. I may have a hard time showing it, but I do love that little guy, and I pray that he can find happiness in life. Not only does he deserve it, but you all (Jenny & Adam) deserve to see that all of their love and suppport is not for naught.

Having Don & Jane there was also excellent. It almost seemed like the trips Adam & I used to take in High School with his folks. I have many fond memories of those trips back then.

Well, it is nap time as I am home sick today. We love you all! and are very grateful that you keep us informed via this blog.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!