Friday, June 26, 2009

the week that started off so great sure turned crappy!

The good news is that I got to go see my little sister..... well truthfully I HAD to go to Arkansas to get the load of our stuff that we took out there to store when we were thinking we might move out there, which was a great excuse for a visit, so we packed up our 2 youngest, since the older kids are still at their mom's house until next week and started off on an 18 hour drive! Aidan counted states, Adam and Zander competed to see who could sing the spongebob theme song louder, and I did my best to keep everyone occupied. We pulled an all nighter and got to her house mid-day on Friday. On Saturday we got a text from our friend Tina, who's apartment we have been staying at saying that while we were gone, and she was gone on her vacation her son had a huge party at the apartment and got her evicted. Once we got this news the trip was filled with stress, we didn't know if our stuff was going to be kicked to the curb by the apartment complex, or what could possibly happen... so after trying to convince Adam it would not change anything to go back early, I lost the battle and we left on Monday morning. WAYYYY too short a visit for that long of a drive!

So we started off with our load of stuff. The drive back was not nearly as fun. Zander cried, I cried, Aidan went stir crazy, and Adam was stressed.

We made it back to the valley and went to the apartment. It was much worse than I had imagined, Just about everything of value we had there was stolen, and more things (like the race car bed I got Zander 2 weeks ago for his birthday) were broken. I cried more..... I cried ALOT!! Most of this stuff I cannot get back, even if there were a way to get the value back, how can I replace the rings I had in the bottom of my change cup that I have had since high school, or the pictures on the digital camera that was stollen? I had medication that was missing and when I called my Dr. to see if I could replace it was told I would have to file a police report. This left me crying again because this is my best friends son, and a kid who I really really care about. I didn't want to file a police report, but then today I NEEDED my medicine and had to do it. Now my friend is upset, I got a text saying "You Win"...... how the heck do I win? The stuff that was stollen is over $1,000 worth, not to mention the fact that Aidan's glasses were smashed, and someone went through his drawers and stole every penny he had.... do you know how hard it is for a 9 year old to save up over $50, and how crappy I feel breaking it to him that it was stolen, and I will not be able to replace it until next month because I have no job..... By the time the police bothered to come take my 5 minute report my Dr's office was closed for the weekend, so I am out of luck until Monday..... more great news.

I feel broken. Then to top it off my husband decided to take Aidan and our nephew to see the 1 movie I have been wanting to see tonight, last minute and said he would love it if I could find a babysitter for Zander and come... of course I can't find one that fast so I am sitting here while he is out seeing the movie I want to see... does the punishment ever end??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

im so sorry sissy

Michelle said...

What a crazy trip! Things are bound to change for the better for you too! Hang in there!

Leah said...

holy cow Jen! I am so sorry to hear your extremely bad luck. I know things have got to get better for you.

Amo said...

I am so sorry this happened to you! My name is Amy and you had written a comment on my blog back in February. I was looking through all my comments and found it! You said you were moving to AR, but I see from reading your blog that you no longer are. I just know things will get better for you. You have a great attitude! I would love to follow your blog!

Erin said...

Hey Lady. I am so sorry for all the troubles you are having. My phone number is 480-707-8366. Please call me anytime. I know you probably have the older kids in town now but if you ever need a babysitter again give me a call. I would love to help if I am available ( and I usually am)