Saturday, November 27, 2010

My favorite 11 year old :)

My youngest stepson turned 11 yesterday. I have adored this boy since he was about 2 years old when I first met him. He is only 1 month older than my son, they share a name and that is about it, they are as different as night and day.. Aiden and Aidan, I love these two more than words can say!
Just to look back at Aiden Tanner Staley a bit.

When Adam and I got together Aiden was about 2 he was and adorable little guy, he gave the best hugs ever, he had the BEST giggle in the world, and man was he funny! One of my favorite memories of him at this age is how Adam would have him lay on the ground on his back and put his hands on his head and say "don't move your hands" and would tickle him, and the boy would giggle so hard but would never move his hands... he would have everyone in the house laughing so hard!

Aidan has loved Wheat Thins since I can remember, Ranch are his favorites, and he gets them for every birthday and Christmas. I remember a story from when he was 3 or 4 of him planting a wheat thin in his mom's front yard and watering it every single day, just sure that he was going to grow his very own wheat thin tree and have a lifetime supply at his fingertips! I'm sure his brother and sister encouraged this dream of his with great enthusiasm! He did believe anything they told him!

When he was little he had the most adorable way of talking, wheat thins were "wheat nins", his shelf, where he kept the many many rocks he loved to collect was "mine nelf" the jacuzzi was the "guzzi" One of his favorite things to do was go camping, or "bampin" we all loved the way he said things, and actually our family adapted many of our words to be just like him, sometimes we still do ;)

This last week I got to see him for a few days and watch him play with little Zander with the never-ending patience, play football with his dad and brother, teach Aidan Wolfe to ripstick, play ping-pong with anyone who was willing, be as sweet as can be with his sister.... he is the most versatile kid! And man can that boy play football, I cannot believe how good he is! He has grown up so much in just the last year!

I have been so lucky to get to watch him grow into an amazing young man, Aiden loves unconditionally, he is so kind while at the same time so amazingly strong. He pulls off the perfect combination. Some girl is going to be very lucky. His mom and dad have got it right because this kid has got everything I can think of together.

I so much of Aiden in my little Zander. I love to hear the way Zander laughs just like him, saves spiders just like Aiden used to, hugs like Aiden did.... there are so many things, right down to the fact that they both have really really big feet! I can only hope that Zander continues to follow in the footsteps of this brother!

Aiden, I cannot thank you enough for loving me, Adam and Jenna I cannot thank you enough for allowing me to be a part of Aiden's life. I am really the luckiest girl in the world with the kids I have been blessed with, both my biological kids and my bonus kids, I love all of you guys!

Happy Birthday Aiden!
I love you so much buddy! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

I love that both your sons have the same name... What a random coincidence! Happy Birthday Aiden! :)

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to post something like this on my website and this gave me an idea. Cheers..