Tuesday, March 8, 2011

8 years ago I got the best thing ever

I know this post is a day late, I am a slacker, what can I say!
Adam and I have been married for 8 awesome years now. We never did the whole big wedding thing, in fact we never did a wedding at all. We got married by the accountant who had done Adam's taxes and been a friend for years. We went in to get his taxes done and had him marry us with his office staff as witnesses afterwards (He was also a bishop) We decided not to tell anyone until after we were actually married to avoid any sort of stress over who to invite or have there. We took our kids out to dinner at Denny's after the "Wedding" and told them we were officially married, called our parents and were done with it! We took some pictures in the back yard with all our kids and sent out announcements. We were as happy as can be! Adam told me our honeymoon was a surprise, it was March in Show Low and cold but he told me to pack for warm weather so I was sure we would be spending a week in the valley.... no kids at a nice resort in the sun, I was so excited! He planned every detail, told me nothing, at some point he let my parents in on the secret and there was alot of elbowing and smiling as we were getting ready to go.... I thought this must be a REALLY nice resort we were going to! The day came and we left, sure enough we checked in to the double tree resort in Phoenix, it was nice! He took me to Ruth's Chris for dinner then told me not to unpack more than clothes for the next morning because we were going somewhere else the next morning. At this point I was VERY confused! We got up bright and early and went to the airport of all places. Having never traveled farther than California I was pretty dang excited but I had No Clue what was coming, and he was giving no hints at all. He had this great smile, he knew he had pulled off this awesome surprise, he had me! We strolled around the airport, past all the terminals, he said "Let me go and ask what terminal we should check in at, and walked up to a counter, I stood there and he pulled my hand and smiled... I looked up and he was headed to Hawaiian Airlines, I was starting to get an idea but thinking there was no way.. he pulled my hand over to the counter and told the lady we were checking in. I think I dropped my bag and said "No way, we are going to Hawaii!" He laughed at me and hugged me. It was the best surprise, I still can't believe he pulled it off, we flew to Hawaii and had the most romantic honeymoon I can imagine. We fell deeply in love with Hawaii and even more in love with each other. We have been back to Hawaii 4 times, almost moved there, our heart know we belong there, we are whole in Hawaii. I never in a million years thought I would even visit an island, Hawaii was a distant dream, now Hawaii is the definition of Adam and I, barefoot on the beach!

I got so much more than Hawaii of course, Adam is a great husband, he has given me a great life, a great family. I love him more than I ever thought I could love. I am so happy I found him, and that he has managed to put up with all of what I have brought him in the 8 years we have been together. I look forward to many many more years and adventures with the love of my life. There is never a dull moment with Adam around, that's for sure!
I love you baby!
xoxoxo
Jen

No comments: