Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Love really does conquer all

I never really bought into that until I met Adam. Our Relationship was not conventional at first, we were nothing but friends, close friends, he helped me through my divorce, actually tried to help me save the marriage by strongly suggesting I give counseling a try even though I was ready to through in the towel. After my marriage fell apart Adam was there for me as a friend any time I needed one, he loaned me his strong body to help move my stuff, and a nice shoulder to cry on. He was there as I ventured into the dating scene, he was the one I would call and say how much men just sucked, and I would just forget about it and get 10 cats and live alone because every single man in Show Low was either toothless or illiterate..... I actually went on 1 date that I thought wasn't so bad, and the next day this guy sent roses to my office, with a card that said something alone the lines of "I had an great time with you, you are the coolest person I know..." all great except that about every other word on the card was a cuss word.... not quite fitting my idea of the perfect, or even sorta exceptable man. Needless to say I didn't date that guy again.... Adam jokingly put a bumper sticker on my car saying something about how men suck after that incident. He was my friend, and nothing else, the normal pressures of dating were not there, we would go hiking, and it didn't matter that I didn't wear makeup or dress up, he was a friend..... eventually he to got divorced, and at some point our relationship changed, I am not even sure of when it happened, but one day I realized that my best friend was also and amazingly good looking guy, with strong family values, he loved my son, and he was just so nice! Once we started dating we fell in love fast, and were married by our CPA who also happened to be a bishop with his office staff as the witnesses on the spur of the moment.... it was great! No wedding to prepare for and stress out over, no deciding who to invite and who's feeling would get hurt, and we saved our money for a fab. honeymoon!



Last night we layed in bed holding hands and snuggling, and remembered those days, I remember the first time he said he loved me, how he bought me the simple rings (just platinum bands) that I had seen online and loved and had them engraved and gave me mine at the outback steakhouse one night. We have been through good times and bad, just like anyone, but through it all one thing has remained solid, we love each other deeply, and we are best friends. I now not only believe, but I KNOW that our love can get us through anything, that nothing and no one can take that away from us.... I know that life is not all roses, but I also know that even though there will be fights, and problems in our lives, one thing will never change and that is that Adam and I were meant for each other, and true love CAN conquer all!!

Here is the proof and the pruduct of our love, little Zander has been such a blessing in my life, and I thank god, and I thank Adam for him all the time.... he has so much of his daddy in him, I love to watch his personality take shape and see more and more of the man I love in him all the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so perfect together, your kids, his, yours, and yours together, are the most adorable things ever!
I can't wait untill I find my "Adam" and can enjoy the happiness and true love I see in you guys!!!
Love you!