Thursday, September 25, 2008

I think I losst the last 2 weeks!

And I blame it all on Dylan...... last time the boys were here we went to a bookstore, and Dylan picked out a set of vampire books that looked good, the next day while Zander was sleeping I picked it up and he never saw his book until I finished it the day before he left (thanks bud, you rock!!) On a funny side note one day while I was reading this book, which had a picture of a woman on the cover with a pretty low cut shirt, Zander came and looked closely at the cover and then smiled and said "nice milk!" that kid is so funny!! Anyways, I told him I loved it, and was excited to hear what he thought, he started reading it and said he liked it, but the Twilight series. So on a whim in walmart about 2 weeks ago I picked up the first book, I swear I could not put the dang books down! I finished the 4th one today and loved every minute of them! So now I am left sitting here thinking about all the things I have ignored for these books the last 2 weeks, and all I want is another book!

I did manage a few things, I took Aidan to get a haircut before school pictures, and Zander said he wanted to look like Aidan, so I asked the stylist, and she said sure, so Zander hopped up on my lap and watched in the mirror as she cut the front of his hair, but as soon as she went to do the sides or back he freaked, so he got a nice bang trim, stubborn little monster! At least Aidan looks handsome as ever, I may be biased, but I sure think my boys are cute and wouldn't trade them for any girl!

I also took a huge leap and made the decision to go back to school, I am getting my associates degree in business with a focus on medical billing and coding, I am in a fast paced school and can have my degree in 13 months, I am excited yet terrified! I have already talked with the biggest hospital on Oahu and they are actually partners with this school, so I have a good chance of getting my foot in the door as soon as we move!

Zander and I are both healing up from the car accident, I am still in physical therapy, and I had and ultrasound of the lump they found on my thyroid gland when the did the ct scan of my neck in the ER. It turns out I have 2 large lumps, and a scattering of small ones on 1 thyroid gland, I have a 2 day long test in about a week and a half to see if it needs to come out. That is the center of my worries lately.... I just don't want to have surgery, or to have anything wrong with me for that matter, but on the plus side if there is something there they caught it early (thanks to being in a car accident) My car has been declared totalled, so I will have to give the rental back soon, then we have to decide if it is better to buy a car here and ship it to Hawaii, or just wait and get one when we get there. If we wait it will save about $1200 in shipping, so that is most likely what we will do.

We are excited for the kids to all come up here in a couple more weeks, Aidan is counting down the days, and Zander pretends to call all three of them and tell them that he loves them every day. It will be nice to have everyone back together!

That's it for now, I guess I should do some housework now that I don't have a book to be completely immersed in!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Couple things: 1. Loved those books too and there is a 11 chapter version from Edwards perspective on Stephenie Meyers website if you want to read more!
2. My Mother in law had the same thing on her thyroid, she had to have them removed but was out of the hospital in like 24 hours. I think that thyroid surgery is kinda common. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better if you have to go through with it.
Interesting how the Lord works sometimes, I think everything happens for a reason and maybe without the car accident you would have never known you had this problem. Hang in there and I am praying for you, kiss Aidan for me.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say i love reading your blog and catching up on what is going on in your head. i know you are scared but you will be ok just try to stay positive and know i love you with all my heart, you are and allways will be my best friend

Diana said...

I loved Twilight, too! Couldn't put them down! It was so fun to come and read about your incredible family! I am so glad you are ok after your accident!! I agree that the Lord works in mysterious ways and I'm glad some good could come out of that. Wow, Hawaii!! Life is too short not to follow your dreams! Your exes will fit in around that... you will be blessed for following your heart! Thanks for commenting on my blog, so I could find you! ;)
Love,
Diana