Thursday, March 13, 2008

OK, Quick, before my husband gets back.....

Who wants a really bad dog, and a naughty kitty? I have never been that big on pets, unless you count fish, which I still maintain do have their own unique personalities and are loads of fun. This week may have sealed the deal for me. First of all my husband told me to make sure I let the dog sleep in the house while he was gone for my protection... okay, I can go with that, the dog doesn't bother anyone when he is inside, he just stays in his crate, and the first night I actually found myself feeling bad for him. His crate floor is a hard plastic tray, so the next day I marched myself right to walmart with the great idea of making him a nice bed for his crate. I came home with plenty of foam and a nice soft material that wouldn't hold the yucky hair in too much. Now anyone who knows me know I SUCK at sewing, but I t hought I would give it a try. After a few attempts I had this great bed. So I went to bed feeling pretty darn good about myself, and in the morning woke up to my nice pad shredded all over the kitchen, he ate the whole darn thing.. stupid dog.










Then yesterday I was airing out the house and had the back door open for a while, I heard a strange noise in the kitchen and when I checked it out I found a poor little injured birdie, with our cat sitting by it just waiting for the perfect moment to pounce on it. She must have caught it and brought it in to play with, the poor thing had a broken leg and wing. So I got it, and made it a nice little home with a warm clothe, some sugar water and bird seed, and tucked it away in the laundry room. I took it out a few times to make it drink some of the water, and to check on its wing. It was actually a pretty nice bird, it was scared, but would not try to get away when I held it, it actually would bite onto my ffinger very gently, not to hurt, but I think to hold on so it wouldn't fall down.




The birdie unfortunatly didn't make it through the first night, but at least I tried!




on the bright side, Zander has decided that any time I am cleaning the kitchen he should take a bath in the kitchen sink. Not only is this really cute, but I can actually do the dishes without him closing the diswasher every 10 seconds, and I can be very productive while being right by his side..... there is not much cuter in life than a baby in a bath!














If you look really close in the 2nd picture you can see his chipped tooth, poor baby fell down on our concrete walkway and did that a few weeks ago :(

No comments: