Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Poor Zander!!

He has lost his 2 favorite things in the entire world this week... his daddy (who will be back on Saturday) and his "nilp" which is not coming back! Today is day 3 of weaning, and he is just absolutly devastated! I kind of am to, but nursing has been taking its toll on me, and I came to the the point where I HAD to go on steriods to get my health back in line, and they do pass through the breastmilk, so I just couldn't nurse and take them. I have loved our nursing relationship, it is his favorite thing in the world, I love the snuggeling and cuddeling, and just the way he looks up at me, and rubs my arm with this tiny little hand, like he is saying "thank you so much mommy" I think he will be my last baby, at least of my own, we are still tossing around the idea of adopting, my husband wants a little girl more than anything, I would love another baby period, but he says no more boys! Each day seems to be getting easier for Zander, but I am feeling really really down about the whole thing. It is such a step, like he is not my baby anymore, but an actual little person, who COULD conceivably survive without me now :( I know I have to let him grow up, but I just LOVE babies so much, I love everything about them, their smell, their innocence, even their cries are cute!
Oh well, I guess this is the close of one chapter, and the start of another one, a much more tiring one I have a feeling!
Now I need to go and cuddle the baby who just opened the pantry, dragged a toy car over to stand on and got a can of nuts down and brought it to me and said "Nut, Okay" this is the new thing, he says okay for me before I get a chance to answer, like that will stop me from ever saying no to him.... It makes my heart swell with love for his cleverness!

No comments: