Monday, June 23, 2008

The family is back together!


It is so nice to have my whole family back together in one house, and one unit. When I first married Adam I had no idea how attached I would become to his children, in fact it was the one thing about him that scared me. I had heard and still do hear so many horror stories about stepparenting, stepkids, and that delicate relationship... I have to say that what I have experienced of that is very minimal. I get alone Great with 2 of my 3 stepkids, and the other one I get along with pretty well, but he is the youngest, and in my opinion the one with the most anger of his parents divorce, so whatever bad feelings he has towards me are not his fault, and I love him because he is just a little boy who doesn't know any different. He is not mean to me, just sometimes acts as if I don't really exist in his world. He has been through alot, and none of it is his fault, so I don't even consider our relationship to be strained, I look at it like "in time he will love me like his brother and sister do". I am fortunate that theese kids have been raised by both their mother and father to put niceness as a top priority in their lives. I am truely blessed to have them in my life. When most women who have stepkids talk of the summer visits, they says it with dread, a bad look on their face, even a little shiver, I look forward to our 6 week summer visit all year, I LOVE having everyone together in one place, not spread all over, I love the chaos that comes with 5 kids, I love the way the kids laugh and play together, they all do truely mesh in a perfect way.



We spent a few days in Mesa after Zander's hospital stay (he is perfect now, symptom free, and his doctor said that he ASSUMES that Zander ingested crystal meth, and it was out of his system by the time I got him in... the babysitter is under investigation) we swam at the water park at Adam's parents house, and then adam stayed behind to do some remodel work for his dad while Lyndsay, Zander, Aidan wolfe and I came home. Lyndsay has this way with me, I just can't say no to her.... she is too cute and too sweet, and she openly admits that she rarely asks for anything because she knows if she saves it up for the important things she will most likely get a yes..... so, I ended up sleeping outside on the trampoline with her and Aidan the other night, and she insisted on funnel cakes for breakfast yesterday, even got a recipie online so I couldn't get out of it.






It is shaping up to be a fabulous summer. My extended family is in town right now, (grandparents, aunts and uncles) and we are enjoying our time with them, Adam will be going to Moab Utah with a few friends this weekend for some bike training as he has decided to ride in a "double century" race.... that would be riding a bike for 200 miles.... this man is CRAZY!!!!!! The race is in August in Utah, so we will make a little vacation of it, that will be fun. other than that we plan on lots of camping and fun family activities!

1 comment:

Spencer Family said...

Jen,
Hey I'm from the June Board and thought I would say hi. I think that is so fun you slept out on the trampoline with your kids--what a cool stepmom! I'm also so glad to hear Zander is back to normal. That was so scary and I can only imagine what it was like for you guys. I hope you enjoy Moab. I went to college in Utah and while I was out there I ran two half marathons in Moab. I LOVE Moab. It is seriously one of my favorite places.
Take care!
Alicia (Jordan's mom or poppigirl06)