Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Go with your gut!!

I know alot of you have heard, but here is the story, and update..... love you guys!

I really need alot of prayers around here! My little Zander has been in the hospital, and we still don't, and may never, have any answer to why.... the dr has said it is either shaken baby syndrome, or he ingested poison or more likely drugs at his babysitters. I have never really felt right about this babysitter, but on this mountain, I just couldn't find anything else that wasn't 4X's the price, and I know you can't put a price on your baby, but we just didn't have the money.... Last Wed. I dropped him off and he was fine, I picked him up at around 3, and he was sleeping... she said he had missed his nap and just fallen asleep. So I took him home, and we get home and he is all excited to see daddy as usual, so he gets out of the car and tries to run into the garage to see daddy, but he can't even walk.... he would take a step or 2 and fall down, and he was very obviously dizzy every time he got up. we laughed a little and said he looked like a drunken sailor who just got off the boat, and he must be very tired...... so he asked to go to bed at about 5, so I put him down and he slept like a rock until about 5 am, when he woke up he seemed normal, layed in bed with my and snuggled for a while, but when I put him down to get up he again couldn't walk. My husband said 'there is something wrong, you need to take him to the Dr. it's probably an inner ear infection' So I made a dr appointment for later that day.... my husband had to leave for Phoenix, 4 hours away, and I was supposed to go to, we were picking up his kids from thier mom for the summer, and he had to stay down and study because he took his LSAT on Monday. Well I get zan to the Dr, and he looked at him for about 30 seconds and said this kid needs the er, I'll call an ambulance, I said no, let me drive him, just tell them I'm coming, so I took him in to the ER, by then he had thrown up on my and spent the day very lethargic and dizzy. So I called my husband, who was out of service and left a frantic message, and rushed to the ER. We got there and hooked him up to the machines and his vitals were crazy, heart rate going from 135 to 115 to 128 to 130, just all over the place .... oxygen stats were only 82, he had no fever but was burning up to the touch. they blew 3 veins trying to get blood, finally got it on the 3rd try, had to use a cathader to get a sterile urine sample, then did a ct scan, which showed a 'black mass' on his brain then did a spinal tap, which they took 3 times to get right, and they had to put him under anesthia for that, so he needed and IV. His bloodwork showed muscle and tissue damage, which could be from being shaken or a substantial injury, his spinal had blood in the spinal fluid, but they said that COULD have been from having to do it 3 times, he had to stay in the hospital for that whole day and the next whole day, he needs an MRI to see the mass on his brain better, so that is on Thurs, the soonest they could do it..... I am just praying that it is not a tumor..... he seems much better now ALMOST back to normal, and I am just watching him closely right now.... and NEVER going back to that babysitter.... cps is investigating her. Please pray for little zander! Thanks!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I wanted to tell you that when my Mom told me about this it broke my heart. I can't imagine how scary this was for you. He has been and will continue to be in our prayers.

Dave said...

We are so sorry to hear it Jen and praying for him to get better. We love you. Dave

Anna said...

I am just in shock at reading this post. My heart goes out to your whole family.