Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thoughts and life

We are staying with my in laws for a while in the valley.... it is nice to be out of the snow, but boy oh boy I cannot wait to get into a house of our own again! The where does not matter anymore, I just want it soon!

Adam is taking classes to retake his LSAT so that he has more options as far as which colleges he can get in to. We should know in Feb. or March where he gets in to, and where we will end up. We have a custody battle that I don't even understand with his ex wife in Feb. so I know we won't leave AZ until that is over. That is a tough subject with me. I like his ex wife. I think she is a good person and a good mother. I have tried very hard to look at her side of this and I just cannot understand it. We HAVE to move. She HAD TO move to Utah and then to L.A. and we agreed that it was in her best interest, and picked up half of the travel obligations (cost and or time) We offered her a deal where we split travel costs, and reduce our visitation time from 100 days a year to 80 so that the kids don't have to miss school (very little if any) but she says no. I just don't understand. I have been told by 1 of the kids that she is working hard to convince them that we are disregarding them in general because we are not moving to where they live. We just can't follow her. She has moved from Show Low to Utah, to Los Angeles in under 4 years..... why would we think she would stop moving? It is very frustrating to me. I feel like we have supported her only to be stabbed the second we turn around..... oh well, we shall see what a judge says on this one.

I am homeschooling Aidan, which is a totally new concept to me. I am also doubling what I have been doing in school. Right now I am taking English Comp. and Computer applications, which both have to be completed in 5 weeks, and I have been nominated, and accepted to be a group leader in my computer class due to my high grades, and what my teacher and classmates have seen of my discussion board projects. I have never been a leader at anything before, so true to my nature I am terrified! But in a moment of insanity I accepted, so I will add that to my full plate!
Tomorrow Aidan and I are off to find a good library, where he can find a good book, to do his first book report on. I am also ordering him a typing program, under the advice of my husband's ex wife, who I respect as a homeschooler and mother. Wish me luck... Aidan is a brilliant boy and I REALLY want to keep him excited about education!

Zander is playing along with the homeschooling, saying it is time for school, and he needs his "colors" (crayons) to do his homework, super cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any judge in their right mind will tell her she is being very selfish, and depriving the children of time with their father.
This seems like a no-brainer, so lets hope.... you have a good attorney right?
I would love to see that woman on judge Judy, she would be ripped to pieces!