Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Family Day out


Adam and I took the boys out for a nice day of togetherness yesterday. We started off checking out the SanTan Village mall where we did some window shopping and just hanging around, then we went to Chick-fil-A for lunch. The boys had a great time at the little playground, and Adam and I got to relax for a while. After lunch we went to see the movie Coraline. Both boys loved the movie, and the parents enjoyed it as well :) Zander sat still and quiet through the entire movie, and would have been happy to stay for more. It is a half hour drive from my in laws house where we are temporarily staying to get to anything, so we thought we would do it all yesterday! After the movie we headed home and planted the patio tomato plants that I just could not live without. Life has been very hectic lately, and we all really needed a day of rest, and the bonding time is always a huge plus. I love it when Adam can spend a day with me and the boys and see that Zander is not always whiny and that Aidan is not always argumentative, and that I am still the same little small town girl that he fell for so many years ago.








We have been very busy and are making progress in life. Adam got the court hearing that has been a huge hold up out of the way. The judge was fair, and I think everyone involved walked away happy. Adam finished his LSAT prep course, and took the big test..... he also submitted his application to I think 7 schools, and the schools are now waiting to get the results from his test (we are anxiously awaiting that news as well)



Zander really loved the "GUY" in this car, he kept hugging him and patting his head.


I am still doing well in Algebra (despite my own expectations) and I am still homeschooling Aidan, and he is doing great. Today I had all of his lessons written out, explained his reading, and I started working on my Algebra. Aidan worked faster than I expected and without interrupting me he went on to do his math. When I checked on him he had read the math lesson I had laid out, looked in the book to figure out the problems, and had solved the square root on about 10 problems correctly. I was so proud of him!

On Saturday Aidan sprained his wrist at the playground. He jumped off the swing and landed on his arm. We all thought it was broken at first, but after ice and ibuprofen the swelling went way down and the pain subsided quite a bit. We never got around to the ER to get it X rayed, but it is healing up very fast. The day before that I was taking multiple trips from the house to my car for some reason, and Zander was playing in the front yard. I came into the house to get another load of whatever I was getting, and when I came back out Zander was in the middle of the street crying his little heart out. He had climbed into the golf cart that my father in law had parked in the driveway, and I guess hit the gas on his way in, that apparently releases the parking brake, which considering the slope of the driveway was a very bad combination. Zander and the golf cart rolled right out into the street. He was terrified, and so was I. Thank goodness there were no cars on the road!

Adam and I have both been going to the gym a lot and enjoying this down time while can. As soon as we find out where he gets in to school life will be a whirlwind again!





Zander's grandpa told him once to pee on the rocks, now when he has to pee the underwear come off wherever he happens to be and get thrown on the floor to run to pee on the rocks.... I am working on correcting this problem, but he is kinda cute with his "Packpack"

2 comments:

Leah said...

Yay for you Jen. Your boys are so sweet. I love the peeing in rocks picture. (cute bum) Eli was the same way. We lived on 40 acres and he loved to pee on the trees. It made potty training go so much faster!! It is always nice to spend a day with the hunny. Keep in touch!

Heather T said...

I love the pictures from the playplace, they are so cute! Sounds like a great and relaxing day out.