Friday, May 30, 2008

How did this happen???






Today my baby turned 2.... my BABY, When I look a t him I still see this sweet little baby, apparently he is now a little boy, and my boys tend to be very cute, but rotten boys!



I remember his birth like it was yesterday... I was not due until June 10th, but my stepkids were visiting, and my dr. had told me a few days prior that I was ready to go at any time, and Lyndsay desperately wanted to be at the birth, she was so upset that he might be born in the time in between visits with us, so I did what any mom without alot of common sense did, I walked, jumped on the trampoline and even drank Castor oil. I think this was a Thursday, and the kids were going home to LA on Sunday. So after drinking the gross Castor oil, and nothing happening, we decided to take the kids to see a movie, RV with Robin Williams... I think it was good, but about 10 minutes into it I started having regular contractions, which just got closer and harder throughout the movie, but I had paid for 6 people to see this movie, and I was NOT leaving!! Right after the movie we went to the hospital, I'm sure we were quite a sight, as we walked in with 4 kids trailing behind us and said I was in labor. I was admitted, after a couple of hours my mother in law came and took the boys, and Lyndsay stayed, she desperately wanted to be there for every bit of it, she wanted to hold my hand as I gave birth.... it didn't go quite that way. When the time came for the dr. to break my water my very nice and very Mormon dr. did the deed and said "shit" I thought well that's not good! I guess a hand came out, meaning he was sideways, the dr. assumed the nurses had checked his position, and they hadn't. So they said I had to have a C-section. At this point I didn't have any epidural or pain meds, so they decided to give me a spinal block, this was after they took me to the OR and left my mom and Lyndsay crying in the hall..... well the anesthesiologist did some stuff and said, wow, that doesn't happen often... I got the vein, have to start over, so he did, buy this time the baby was in distress and as soon as he finished the spinal the Dr. sliced right in.... well, the spinal had not worked and I felt every bit of that slice.... my husband said I ripped out of the restraints, and they had to put me under. (They felt so bad they gave me a free tummy tuck, so at least that was cool!) When I woke up I found out that my baby was 6 weeks early, my due date was off, and he was having trouble with oxygen. He had to be under the oxygen hood for 4 days, we could only reach in to touch him, not hold him or feed him, it was so sad and stressful. Fortunately he pulled through and has been perfect ever since.






He is a huge nemo fan, so I ATTEMPTED a nemo cake... it doesn't look much like nemo, but he knew who it was, and it was just a practice cake since his party will be held off a few weeks until all the kids get here. today Adam and I took him to the park for a picnic, gave him a few presents, and just had a nice relaxing day together..... here are a few shots from today






1 comment:

Erin said...

Isn't it amazing how fast time goes now? I don't remember it going by so fast when we were kids!!!