Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Time to move on!

We have been in a life transition for about 8 months now. Zander sleeps in a playpen and Adam and I and Aidan have air mattresses. Every article of clothing I have accessible to me is in a suitcase. The boys have a set of Ikea Boxes that slide into shelves that keep their clothes, Adam's are folded and stacked on top of the shelf.... this setup is in the hallway of my in laws house.





We sold our house in Show Low faster than we had ever hoped. We happily packed up our stuff and moved into our camp trailer thinking it would be 2 months at the most. We parked in the front yard of my parents house and had a pretty good chance of winning some sort of redneck of the week award. It was a happy time fore all of us. We were quite sure that Adam had a spot at the University of Hawaii. We promptly sold everything that had anything to do with snow or cold.... big mistake! A court date got moved back and we did not know if we would be allowed to move until after the date that Adam would have had to accept was past. That dream kind of went down the drain at that point.





In September I was in a car accident that totalled my car and left me unable to work. I was eventually asked to leave my job because I was never there, they needed my office for someone who showed up once in a while. The months passed, and by October it was getting cold. We stayed in the camper as long as we could bear it, but the cold got to us and we had to move in to my parents house. We sold the camper to supplement our income since I was out of work, plus we still has hopes of getting the court thing out of the way and moving to Hawaii at that time. We moved into my parents house. My parents house is beautiful, it is also 2 bedroom and 900 square feet total. Fortunately the company was good, and we all got along quite well. Aidan got his way a little more than usual, and Zander got used to taking naps snuggling up to his Mimi, but those are the sort of things that grandparents are supposed to do so it was fine. Nice even to have my boys bonding so closely to my parents. After about 3 months of living in harmony in that little house it got a little bit more claustrophobic for everyone, about that time Adam needed to take a 5 week class in Phoenix so we decided to stay with his parents who live in the valley until that was over.



So we took our carload full of possessions and set up shop in my in laws house. They were so nice as to let the boys have their beds in their office so that Adam and I could have our own room for the first time in many months! That was in January and we are STILL here! The general feeling is quite a bit more tense in this house than we are used to. Adam's dad gets quite angry for things that I feel we have no control over, such as us using HIS water to shower and bathe the kids (that is one of those sensitive issues) He is not used to sharing his house with loud kids, and even though he loves them to death, that drives him nuts. While again it has been nice to have the kids and grandparents get to know each other, and grow closer, I think everybody is ready for this transition phase in our lives to be over.

The problem is that we still don't have answers from all of the schools that Adam applied to, so we still don't know where he will go to school and therefor where we will live. It is pretty hard to get a job when we could be packing up and moving far away any time now, and it is impossible to get even a short term rental without any income..... so that leaves us stuck for now. but any time now we could get an acceptance from any of the schools Adam applied to, and if that doesn't happen he will re take the prep course and take the LSAT again in June to apply all over again.... hopefully it won't come to THAT!

For now we are anxiously awaiting the day we can claim a home as our own again.... soon I keep telling myself!

No comments: