Saturday, November 22, 2008

The joys of potty training.....

Since we are so close to making a big move I havn't done much in the way of potty training Zander, but by some stroke of luck he seems to just get it. Well, I sould revise that and say he gets it as long as he is naked.... put a diaper, pull up, or underwear on the kid and he is so lazy he will just use it no matter what I do.
So, at my sisters house he was running around naked alot because she wanted her son Tristan who is about the same age to see him use the potty, and hopefully pick up on it. He did great, he has not had a single accident in at least 6 months, as long as he is naked...... My sister had a little potty seat set up in the kids bathroom and a box of the Kando wipes by it. So one night he went and used the potty seat for #2, which is great, what is not great is that he decided he could do it all himself, and never even told us he needed to go. He made an attempt to wipe himself, and then decided to empty the potty seat and empty it into the big toilet like he had seen me do every time he peed. Well he is not that coordinated, so he got the bucket part out, but then he spilled it down his leg, on the floor, on the potty seat, on the bath rug..... then just sat down in it and cried. I went in expecting him to just be whining but found what appeared to have been some sort of terrorist attack on the bathroom. Wow it was gross!
So you would think I would have learned my lesson, but not me! A few days ago he pee'd in the big toilet at home (we don't have a potty seat) and since he is obsessive he has to put the toilet lid down every time he uses it, and I had told him he had to do it softly and he dropped in on his little winkie, so now he stands there and yells mom, help every time he pees or poops because he just have to have that darn seat down. Yesterday I was putting away groceries and talking on the phone and he was yelling mom help, I just ignored him thinking it was the toilet seat thing and he would eventually just give up.... well a minute later he came out of the bathroom still yelling mom help, and I looked at him to tell him to chill out and he had poop running down his leg onto his foot...... and on my parents brand new carpet! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I have learned my lesson this time and have been running to his every yell of mom help! Wow it gets old considering the kid drinks about 6-8 12 oz cups or bottles a day, and he pee's a T-O-N!

You have now been warned, if Zander calls for help and you ignore him you might live to regret it!!

No comments: