Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween fun

I have to admit I love Halloween.... I know it is a kids holiday, but there are just some things I have never gotten around to growing up and getting over (Parades, fireworks, and Halloween come to mind) Now that I have kids it is so much more fun. I love to let the kids pick out what they want to be, and I usually go with whatever they want (unless it is a very immodest costume or something really really bad) My mom is pretty awesome at making costumes, so she is able to make pretty much anything the kids want if she has a picture to go off. 2 years ago the kids got this great idea to all 4 dress up as Nintendo characters. I am not sure who's idea this was, but it was sure cute. My mom made all the costumes, and the kids just loved them.

Unfortunately my pictures from that year are currently buried deep in storage, which is a shame cause they were dang cute! I will have to post them after we move



Lynz was Princess Peach from the Mario Games.... she won the costume contest at church, I think she won a large handful of candy... just what she wanted!


Dylan was Charizard from Pokemon (and yes I just had to ask Aidan what that costume was called)


Aiden Tanner was Donkey Kong


Aidan Wolfe was Picachue from Pokemon.



Last year the kids were all different but darling...


We also carved some super awesome pumpkins last year, we each picked a stencil... I think Aiden Tanner did the bat, Adam did the cat in the window, Aidan Wolfe did the scary face, Lyndsay did the coral reef, I did the honu, and Dylan did the spider. It was a great family activity and every single person had a ball.


Lyndsay was a 50's girl my mom made this costume for her. Isn't she the prettiest poodle skirt wearing girl you have ever seen?!?!?!




Dylan was a ninja ... very dangerous and very sneaky!




Aiden Tanner was a samurai, and he won a brand new bike at the trunk or treat! I am not sure what a samurai is, but according to Dylan they are mortal enemies of the ninja.... great!




Aidan Wolfe was Link from the legend of Zelda for the 2nd time... Grandma worked hard on this one to, and he pointed out to Adam and I exactly which sword and shield he wanted, Adam carved and shaped them and I painted them.


and cute little Zander was a super cute little spider.




This year it was just Me, Adam, Aidan W. and Zan. Adam humored me and let me take the kids over to the trunk or treat early, then trick or treating in my favorite trick or treating neighborhood from my childhood. He stayed back and handed out candy... what a cool guy I have to just let me go with whatever I want to do... I sure love him! :) My mom's sewing machine was unavailable due to us completely destroying her house for the remodel, so we had to go with store bought costumes this year. The kids were just as happy.... Lynz is the one who gets sentimental about stuff that is made for her, by her grandma, I love that about her!



Me and my boys getting ready for trick or treating... Thanks to Adam I got a new haircut that I love, and my mom dyed it for me... gotta fit in with all the blond babes on the beach!



for this years costumes the boys were quite opinionated, Aidan decided that iron man was the costume for him, but just asking for it would have been a bit too normal for this kid... he had to drop everything he had in the isle at walmart and sing and do the air guitar very loudly "I am Iron man" He sang more than that but I just am not cool enough to know the words :) After that display I kinda had to get it... people were looking at us and quite a few were laughing.








Zander wanted to be a crab..... I tried to sway his decision, but he was set on it. No matter what I suggested he just said "no, baby a crab" so we went on eBay and found a crab costume that was not too expensive, so I went with it. Well on the afternoon of Halloween his costume still had not come. I had contacted the seller a few times, but could not track it down. I was certain it would arrive the day after I needed it, just my luck. I went through all my old costumes looking for anything that might fit, and lucky for me he hasn't grown much this last year, so the spider still fit him. I was working on convincing him that it was still a crab, just a black crab when the mailman came up our street and saved the day!










The boys had such a good time, the highlight for Zander was when tigger and pooh gave him candy, he was just in awe! He was so cute saying trick or treat and thank you like a good little boy. We shouldn't ruin his good boy rep with the story of him running right into a house while trick or treating, but I can't resist. When the guy opened the door he just darted right in, and right down the hall, as fast as lightning I swear! I actually had to go in and drag him out, while he was telling me that no, he was looking for the kitty (which I assume he must have seen run that way when the door opened) We stayed out later than we should have, and it was totally dark by the time we were walking back to the truck. Aidan fell down and I thought he was going to loose it, his candy spilled and his hand was scraped a little, but he said "It's okay, I'm iron man!" and got right back up.
We totally spaced on the pumpkin carving this year... or just plain ignored it. I like to do things like that when all the kids are here to participate, I just hate to leave anything out, so I kinda skipped it this year... next year the kids should be here and we will rock the jack o lanterns again!



So I guess now its time to start prepping for Christmas (not my favorite holiday, but the kids do have fun, so I like that) There are already Christmas decorations out in every store I go into..... Jeez they don't waste a minute! I hope we are in our new home by then and get to make all sorts of new memories!

No comments: