Monday, November 3, 2008

Off to see my baby sister!


Aidan, Zander and I left this morniny for our 15 day trip out to Arkansas (yeah this is about 19 hours cooped up in a car with 2 hyper boys... fun fun! I had to stop to sleep halfway through, and wouldn't you know it, I got checked into a hotel and am too excited to sleep! Just like me!) to meet the newest member of our family, Cole Wolfe Rogers. We will arrive late afternoon on Tuesday the 4th. My mom will be joining us on Saturday the 8th, then Adam and my dad will fly out on November 12th (this would be the day after Adam undergoes surgery for his shoulder... he is one tough cookie! The whole plan for this trip was for Adam to run in the Tulsa marathon on the 16th, but he injured his knee and will not be able to run as planned... what a bummer! My niece Elizabeth convinced him to join us anyway, she is 4 and has a way of getting her way... she is way too cute to resist!

Angie has a special bond with all of our kids, Aidan's bond to her is the strongest because she was very involved from day 1. She was there for his birth, and when she was taking child care classes at the local college his was her official test subject (meaning they got a lot of time to play together! He adores her to this day, and that feeling is returned. When she was pregnant for the first time she was scared to death that she would never love her own child as much as she loved Aidan.... she was wrong of course.
Lyndsay and Dylan have deemed her the "fun Aunt" she will climb trees with them, get stuck in trees by herself, she is always up for a wrestling match or just chasing wild boys around a park for hours.... I have no idea how she keeps that level of energy up, but she does rock with the kids!

Angie and Aidan at his 7th B-day party Angie letting those grubby fingers feed her cake


The beautiful Elizabeth


Tristan and Zan Summer 07 Tristan and Zander hanging on a tree
Can you believe these 2 are only a month apart??

I am so excited to see my sister after over a year, I can't wait to see her new baby boy, and I just love my niece and nephew...... living far apart is sooo hard, and I am about to make this aspect of my life quite a bit harder in the near future. that I admit does make me sad.


Angie and I have had this love hate relationship all our lives.... we hated each other growing up, then right about the time she graduated high school I was getting divorced..... we both saw a pretty good roommate opportunity, so we jumped on it. It didn't last long, but we bonded. Then in 2003 her and her boyfriend took off to Arkansas to help take care of his dying grandmother (there were other reasons but we won't discuss them here) The grandmother died in about a year, but by then her and Michael were married and happy with their lives. They have truly thrived in Arkansas, and I am happy for them ..... I wish they could have thrived a little closer, but we have to take what we can get!



Ang and Jen - Wedding day The new bride and groom - Angie & Mike

This is my first trip out there since Adam and I went for their wedding in August 2003. Actually this is my first trip without my husband.... I miss him like crazy!
She had beautiful wedding, and her and her husband love each other as much as the best couples I have come into contact with... they are truly happy! By this time tomorrow I will be hugging my baby sister and snuggling with her darling kiddos... I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

k you made me cry, thanks! i love you, zander, and my aidan sooo much. thanks for coming to see me.