Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Having one of those feeling sorry for myself days

I hate days when I feel like this! I don't really have a valid reason, I am just feeling overwhelmed and down on life at the moment.

I am 1 week from being done with my first class, and I am doing well, but it is ALOT of work! I have to read 3 chapters (usually 30-50 pages each) a week, plus I have a short project and a 3-4 page paper due every week. I have an hour long class twice a week, that falls right around dinnertime, so I am trying to feed kids and pay attention at the same time. With no one to take care of Zander this is prooving to be quite a challenge.

Yesterday Adam and I both went to the Dr. and he was told that he needs surgery on his shoulder and physical therapy on his knee, this is okay except that they said he absolutly cannot run the marathon that he has been training on and so excited about for a year. He is devastated, which makes him a bit on the grouchy side. This is something that I have never dealt with well. When he is grouchy, I get sad, and I cry at the drop of a hat...

It is getting cold here and I am sick of cold. We were supposed to be moving in about 2 weeks but now we are being dragged back into a custody dispute so we are waiting to get that taken care of before we leave.... I am sure that this person has a reason for doing this, but I can't understand it to save my life.... this is a coming from a good parent who always puts the interests of kids as a top priority, and I just don't see how what they are doing is good for any kids. So that frustrates me.

I am worried about the transition of our medical care. I am trying to get everything taken care of now, but there is just so much! I can't wait until we get into a bigger place with all the Dr's we need in one town!

Having no car is the biggest frustration in the world to me. I have no place to put my stuff.... I can't just get in the car and go somewhere whenever I feel like it, and even though adam says I can use his truck anytime it is still his truck, and it just feels wrong.... plus I need a ladder to get up there! It ticks me off so much that I was sitting there doing nothing wrong, and some inattentive kid just slams me and drives away leaving me the only one out anything.

On a good note zander has been naked all day (it is almost noon now) and had no potty accidents, I don't even have to remind him, he just goes when he needs to. Unfortunalty if he has a diaper or pull ups on he is lazy and will just go in them. Aidan got his report card this week and has straight A's again, and I get to leave Monday to see my sister!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the marathon! That really sucks.

It has been gray and wet and rainy here for days -- and this will continue through January. Mind you, it is still 80 degrees. It is just 80 degrees in a gray, gloomy way.

You know those problems that moving to Hawaii will solve? You'll just be trading them for a new set.

Anonymous said...

dont be sad it will all work out the way it is supposed to, besides you will be here in a few days!