Saturday, October 25, 2008

Aiden Tanner Staley






Aiden Tanner is kind of a gentle giant.... at least a giant compared to shrimpy little Aidan Wolfe! I adore him for many reasons, but the biggest is that he is just plain a nice kid! He loves to please us adults in his life, and does a pretty good job at it! I have never seen a little kid who just likes to hang out with his dad, no matter what dad may be doing as much as Aiden. I have seen him sit for hours looking under a car as Adam worked on it, follow Adam around the yard as he moes the lawn or does other yard work, if Adam needs to run to the store, most of the kids will ask what store, wondering what is in it for them, not Aiden, he just wants to be with dad. I love to see this bond between them, it warms my heart every time I see it!



He is also quite nice to his siblings, he has a very close bond with Lyndsay, he is so patient that she can try on 10 outfits, and he will sit there and tell her which ones he likes the best. I can clearly remember a time when Aidan W. and AIden T. were boxing, just playing around, and we came out and Aiden T. was just taking the punches over and over, and smiling. Adam asked him "why don't you hit him back" and Aiden just looked over and said "dad, I don't want to hurt him" I was so glad to know that he knew he COULD hurt him but he choose not to.


He is also very sweet to Zander, he will push Zan around on his little ride on car all over the house for what seems like hours, and I can never tell which of them is laughing harder. Last time I took the boys to the airport we were early, and it was empty, so Dylan, Aiden, and Zander were playing on the riding sidewalks. Once Dylan decided to jump on the one going the opposite way, and Zander quickly followed and fell down, Aiden was like a flash running to get Zander before the scary grates got his fingers, and swooped him up then yelled "Dylan you idiot! don't you know he copies everything you do!" (normally I would not stand for one kid calling another and idiot, and normally Aiden would not do it, but in this case I just marvelled at his protective side)








The last time the boys were here Aiden made me about the happiest person on earth by telling me that he loved me because I love and treat him just like he was my own son, but I never try to take his mom's place in his life. That touched my heart in a way that only another stepmom could ever understand, and I think that Aiden and I have gotten past all of our "blended family" dramas and it is nothing but uphill from here, since our family life is already pretty much ideal in my opinion I can't wait to see where the future takes us!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that boy is so sweet, i love the way he was with my kids while i was visiting, he is so full of love