Saturday, October 25, 2008

My sweet Lynz






Lyndsay is just plain awesome! There is so much good about her I don't even know where to start....... in this last year (actually in the course of 1 visit) she went from an adorable little girl to an absolutely gorgeous young woman, and that girl has brains to! She spent most of the summer with us studying algebra every day so that she could test out of it... before her freshman year! She is now in all honors classes, and doing great, she is a nanny for triplets, which she is a pro at after dealing with her mom and myself both having babies last summer that she just loves to babysit as well as just play with all the time! She was right there with me when Zander was born (well right up until the time they decided I needed a C-section, then she waited in the hall) and she was by my side when I woke up. What a great thing to get such an enormous showing of love from my stepdaughter! She has adored Zander from day 1, in fact after the babysitter allowing him to get poisoned with crystal meth last summer Lyndsay was truly the ONLY person in the world other than Adam that I could feel okay about leaving him with..... my mom is the only one to have been added to that list to date, but I know that if Lyndsay is there, Zander is more than safe!






When Adam and I first married I was terrified of Lyndsay..... well not just Lyndsay, but the idea of a girl in my life. I only knew how to deal with boys. She took to me right away, and quickly washed every fear I had away by showing me that things like having a girl cook with, do makeup and hair with, and watch girlie movies isn't all that bad after all (we will try to forget the times that I went in public with my hair in pigtails and red lipstick because she was just so proud of how she had done it that if I had taken it off she would have been heartbroken) Now at 14 she can hands down make me look 100 times better than I can do myself. She has great skill with hair and makeup, and NOW I totally trust her!







Lyndsay has also been a great stabilizing force in Aidan's life. She has often been the only one that can pull him out of a fit of rage, or depression. She is always there to tell him how much she loves him no matter what, I love that about her.


Lyndsay lacks the ability to be mean, even to her brother (unfortunately they know this) and if they even fake a cry she can't handle that she might be hurting them.... they often use this and then run away saying something along the lines of "works every time" I really admire that in her.... she does get angry and annoyed, but she rarely looses her cool, and when she does it is very short lived. She is sweet and respectful to parents and grandparents, and I think she actually does enjoy hanging out with us older people as much as we enjoy her!

I am often inspired by how well she takes care of herself at such a young age.... she eats right, she stays healthy, and has such a great attitude..... we could all use a little bit of Lynsday in us!







Thank you Lynz for being a part of my life and for loving me! I can't wait to babysit your kids to return the favor!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet lynz, she is so grown up and mature for her age, i love spending time with that girl

Lyns said...

AWWWWWWW Jen! Thats sooo sweet! thank you so much! I love you too.... =)
Lyndsay