Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Young love... and our last parade in the White Mountains!

I am a little late in posting this, but the pictures are too cute to pass up! About 2 weeks ago was the annual fall festival parade and car show. The white mountains are big on parades, and for some reason even though I know they are cheesy I love them. Adam is way too cool (and was training for his marathon that day) for the parade so I took the boys. We weren't there more than 10 minutes before Aidan's cute little friend Ziandra who lives in our neighborhood found us..... she always seems to find us no matter where we go. Her and Aidan hang out together almost every day. She is only about 6 months older than him, but she is from Canada, and I guess they start school early there, so she is in 5th grade. She is super shy, so it was not easy to get pictures of her, but I managed. It is so nice for Aidan to have someone to play with that isn't a troublemaker, as most of the boys in the neighborhood seem to be, and she is nice to Zander, and once in a while gets the guts to talk to Adam and I! Mostly her and Aidan just wrestle alot, as you can see!



It is a strange feeling knowing that I am having so many "lasts" in my hometown. Our move is getting closer and closer every day. I am scared to death, but also very excited to get out of this town where there are too many bad memories and no opportunities. It will be so nice to get a fresh start, to remove all the stigma's and be able to just be us. In about 2 weeks I am taking the boys out to Arkansas to see Angie (not a goodbye, but a good reason for a visit). Adam is flying out at the end of my visit to run his first marathon in Tulsa, then we will come home, the kids will be here for thanksgiving, then not too long after that we are off!
Aidan was playing photographer for me and Zan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can not wait to see you, i am so excited to have you here after 5 long years. thank you all so much for coming. it better not be a goodbye visit cause i cant live without my very best friend. i know moving will be hard but trust me a new start can be the best thing for you and your family, it will give you a new lease on life and will be so wonderfull. i am very excited for you sister life will be great!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember all the fall festival parade's we went to for my birthday's? I still think about that and talk about it! It was one of my favorite traditions growing up.